Ok I was really apprehensive about starting this series because the whole concept really sickened me a bit when I first heard about these books. I got them for Christmas though so I was feeling some pressure to finally read them.
It's interesting...for a very violent book they sure treat the subject material tactfully I think so that it's not gory. I'm still bothered by the whole premise of the book and it really maddens me what they're doing to these districts in the book. (I'm only halfway through the first book,..started last night way later than I should have ever started a book) At any rate I find myself really enjoying the story even though I hate what's going on. I can't wait to get back home and do some more reading tonight. I'm almost angry at myself though for liking this book. I was prepared to be sickened by it,.. and I was right I am,... I was not prepared to be caught up in the story,.. even though I had heard that I would probably end up liking it etc. so,.. I never thought I would have a love-dislike relationship with a book or series like I do with this one. One thing that bugs me though,... what's with the love triangle,..?,..that's wierd. Just stick to simple love relationships,..I hate when people complicate these things. That's one of the reasons I hate Pearl Harbor the movie.
Fablehaven!! I loved this series. Intriguing! fun! witty!exciting! some things were predictable but a lot was unexpected. I loved that it was a good clean children's book. I'm a little annoyed that the heroine was so young so that the book only ended with her looking forward to a future relationship with her love interest. However, I'm thrilled that the author decided to keep things g-rated especially considering how young the heroine is! That's what I get for being an adult reading a fun children's book! I hope they eventually grow up and end up together at the end, but the author does a great job of keeping the book at the age level of the heroine who should appeal to other kids their age. I love that it didn't get too grown up for the age group I think the book was targeted for but there was still enough excitement and interest that I remained engaged as an adult. anyway,... what a great series! The only thing is that I wish they tied up the lose end with Seth's quest at the end but oh well.. at least they said he'd have help and so it implied that of course it was going to go fine and I guess I really wasn't that worried.....I also wish they took you back to visit coulter but I guess that's fine too.
It's been a while since I've read some good book series. Love this,... Hope my husband forgives me sometime for all the time of our lives that I waste getting deeply involved in these books and neglecting everything else until I'm through with them.
2 comments:
When I first heard the premise for the Hunger Games I didn't think I would like them either, but they are really good and while a bit disturbing, they give you a lot to think about. A lot of people compare them to Twilight and I don't think that is a fair, because the Hunger Games is actually well written and has some depth to it :).
I also really enjoyed the Fablehaven series. I don't think Brandon Mull is the best writer ever and his character development is seriously lacking, but they were a fun read and I will read his new book that just came out.
I just finished a book called Matched that you might enjoy.
Thanks! I'll look into it. I've seen that one around actually so it seems to be in vogue. :)
Post a Comment