Sunday, April 10, 2011

Songs Plan

I just finished my 3 month songs plan today and gosh it's tough to learn songs in such a short time.  We have to get certain songs learned in 1 month.  I got Half of a 1 verse song learned today.   Half!  Man sometimes I just feel like I've got my work cut out for me.   Looking at some of the song's we've got coming up like praise to the man,.. I just don't know how these kids do it.  One thing I've come to realize is that I really need to memorize these songs.  The kids need to be able to see me sing the words otherwise they lose it,.. or at least that's my perception that the floor drops out from under us whenever I start singing the wrong words.  :) 

The main thing I wanted to bring up though was the notion of singing the songs that the kids already know.  When I was in primary, seems like we just sang whatever songs the primary chorister wanted us to sing and if we didn't know it we picked it up as we went.  Seems like all the big kids knew all the songs already and we little kids just figured it out.  I remember learning new songs.. (I guess it was for the primary program) but most of the time we just learned them to learn them I thought and then we picked the ones we learned and a couple of the ones we already knew for the program.  Anyway,.. I just don't remember that we only sang songs we already knew.   Some of the smaller easy ones we just sang and got used to even if we didn't know them they were short and easy enough and you could listen and watch the chorister for the words if you didn't know them I guess.  Maybe I'm just wrong. 

No comments: