Ok,.. actually I don't think anybody else that reads my blog uses the pill for bc but I just thought how odd it was this morning that I find myself measuring the passage of time by my pill packets. Does anyone else find themselves doing that?
When I first moved into my in-laws it sure felt like we had been there an awfully long time and there was some pressure going on to get some things done and then a couple days after that thought I was taking my pill and had the reality check of,.. oh hey,.. we're doing all right,.. i haven't even refilled my pill packet once yet since we've been there so it hasn't even been a month yet. slow down turbo. hehe.
Then just before refilling my 2nd pill pack I remember thinking,... wow time sure is flying by it's been 2 months already? I can't believe it. Better start making more progress on getting that job.
Then just before refilling my 3rd pill pack I remember thinking. Ack! I might as well just do this now while I'm here waiting to pay my rental deposit and get my stuff moved in because once we start moving in I'm going to be too busy to pop over here to rite aid and fill my prescription.
This morning as I was taking my pill It got me thinking.... gosh it's only been 2 and 1/2 weeks since we moved into this place? huh,... I think we're doing pretty good... and here I was thinking last night how long its taking me to get anything done and how I'm never going to finish and we're going to be unpacking for the rest of our lives and it stinks,.... 2 weeks?.... that's like nothing in the busy world of a full time working mom. No wonder I've only been to my ward once and last week was stake conference. No wonder all the progress I've made is getting my kitchen unpacked. No wonder I haven't gotten more done,... It really has not been that long,.. Lets give me some credit here. Meanwhile I'm interviewing too so gosh,..people. Ease up a little I'm doing great!
Anyway,... getting these reality checks is actually kind of therapy for me. I never thought I'd come to appreciate my pill packs in all of this mess. Thank you Pill Pack. For the sanity you bring me.
No comments:
Post a Comment