I recently discovered I have thyroid issues after 6 pregnancies 3 of which were viable, 2 were late term miscarriages and one early miscarriage. Whether or not I have genetic tendencies to thyroid conditions I don't know, whether my thyroid issues are temporary from my recent pregnancies or not I do not know. I do know that taking thyroid medication replaces the missing hormone not treating the cause of the thyroid disfunction. I've launched myself into a paleo diet to nourish my system and cut out triggers that might be causing autoimmune problems in my body to try and live well and reduce the amount if any hormone replacement that may be necessary. Getting started on paleo has been a little touch and go. I of course immediately attended a birthday party for my nephew which did not offer anY thing that I would have been able to eat on my new diet and so I determined to start the next day. I have done excellently today but then my friend brought by a fresh loaf of white bread to share with me as a kind service. Instead of feeling defeated and like this was never going to work I had myself a slice to appreciate the kindness and I'm back on my regime. I don't know if that ruins everything I've worked hard for but I hope not. Onwards and upwards. Btw...never really got off the ground with that new cooking blog i started. If you're interested in what I'm eating on my paleo autoimmune journey you can follow my meals on my twitter account following stressabyu. Thanks for listening.
No comments:
Post a Comment