I've recently started looking into doTerra Essential Oils because my husband who thinks I'm a witchdoctor when it comes to medicine and health expressed an interest having tried them himself and asked me if I would look into the details for him to see if we were interested.
I must say I find myself impressed even after going in as somewhat of a skeptic who doesn't put much stock in essential oils apart from the one that I have experience with called Sunbreeze by Sunrider. In my experience, essential oils don't work for everybody and the people that are sold on them always seem to have really wierd ideas and seem a little too natural to me. I have some very dear to my heart witchdoctors in my life that have tried everything under the sun for natural remedies and they have never put much stock in essential oils so I guess you can see where my feelings on those are. Furthermore, doTerra claims to be a "higher grade" product and that's why they're more expensive than other essential oils companies. Everybody knows that companies that claim to be higher grade and worth more are often too good to be true. Few people can afford to actually try other companies to compare to be able to say whether the increased quality is actually worth it or not. I expected to go through the routine of listening to someone's marketing spiel and looking at products and come out with a headache from all the fumes in the room convinced that oils never have been and still really aren't my cup of herbal tea,.....so to speak. When we visited with my friends, I listened politely,.. I even got to try a few things and smell some of them. After sitting down and meeting, I was convinced I was never going to put much stock in this but hey,.. if it makes hubby ease up a little bit on the other witch-doctory products that I use I guess I'm willing to indulge him a little bit and try out something he is interested in. Afterall....I know full well that if I don't really get that into the details he's never really going to get that into it either and the interest will eventually die off.
Here's where I find myself surprised,...and my friends probably have no idea what they did right, but there were 3 things that are making the difference for me a half a week later. First of all, they queried us about things we were worried about health wise and gave us small vial samples to take home with us and try that would treat those specific things. Second, they let us borrow a copy of the reference book that you can get from doTerra to take home and look through as we decide. Third, the products are actually visibly working,...that's right,..we didn't actually go out and cut ourselves like my friend suggested,..(she was only half teasing),..but circumstances have it that we've had some opportunities immediately after the presentation to try out the samples we were given and they're actually working. So the genius is,... they made me think of some things I'm really worried about and gave me actual product to try on it... If doTerra didn't have a reference book of uses for the oils,..I know I would just buy a kit of oils and never know what to use it for and then never really use them....If I didn't get a chance to look through the book and see how I would actually use it I would still be apprehensive about buying oils I didn't think I would end up using,...finally they actually stumbled on a product that seems to work. Products that can speak for themselves will always succeed with me...I'm a sucker I know. I say stumbled only because they don't strike me as people who originally got into natural remedies very much. You know the type. There's those people that try every natural remedy they get wind of and praise it to the skies as the miracle cure when you know full well that they live so healthily that you have serious doubts about whether they even get any of the problems you seem to have on a regular basis to begin with and your attempts to try the same remedies often do not meet up to those same praises. These friends seem more to have been in the right place at the right time to try out something new that they were astounded works and have been converted ever since. I know sometimes that distinction is a fine line but I don't think I'm misreading these friends they do not strike me as health nuts to begin with but you never can tell.
Anyway,.. what's the point of this whole post!? I find myself seriously considering trying out these products because if they're working I really want to keep using them. I guess I just want to hear from anybody out there who has tried these oils and thinks they're worth it. I'd also like to hear from anybody who has tried both doTerra and any other brand of oils and prefers their other brand over doTerra.
My regular blog readers feel free to comment however you like,.... I'm open to hearing your opinions regardless. I promise not to feel offended if you think I'm a crazy witchdoctor too. As I mentioned my husband has that opinion and I still love him so chances are I'll still love you too even if we have very different views about healthcare. Most likely the reason I like you has nothing to do with your personal opinions on healthcare. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment