I'm really tired of allowing other people to undervalue my skills and abilities. Part of it is probably a reflection of what my own thoughts are. To some extent,..I undervalue my own skills and abilities. I think because I don't have what looks good on paper that I don't have the abilities. However, right now I don't think that's the case. I'm bursting with development potential,..I can feel my development skills simmering and boiling under the surface anxious to bust out and prove it to someone that I really have them,... So why am I still getting the rejection from employers?
Furthermore,..why am I still taking it? To some extent it's my fault if an employer has no idea what I'm capable of or what my skills and abilities are. If they don't have an idea then I didn't communicate it to them,... I guess I'm just realizing that I'm giving them too much power to reject me and too few reasons why they shouldn't. So I'm putting a stop to it. I'm going to start sticking up for myself and selling my skills and abilities. I'm going to stop undervaluing the training and experience that I do have and start marketing myself so that I can find success in the career direction that I would like to go. I will stop asking employers to take a chance on me and start expecting them to consider me as a serious candidate. I will find employment in a position that will add to my skills and abilities in the career path that I wish to pursue. I'm not settling anymore for a career path that does not align with my potential and desire to work in software development. I'm not begging people to employ me. I know that I can add value to their team and their project and so it is my task to convince them of the same. I know it's only taken me 5 or 6 years to crawl out of my self-defeating self-pitying self-apologizing state that I've been in since graduating from college but I'm done with it. No more mrs weak girl for me. I'm taking charge of my life and I'm making changes and I am now appreciating myself, my skills, my training, and the value that I have to offer whoever the lucky employer ends up being that hires me. I just have to take this time to apologize to all the other employers that I didn't successfully communicate with. Many missed out because I didn't show up. Here I am world. Hire me.
No comments:
Post a Comment