We had some time together for which I was grateful and she brightened my day most of the time. I got pregnant and we had our first baby so I relocated ducky to her original owner shortly before I left on maternity leave so that she could be taken care of. I wasn't sure how long I would be out of the office for.
Recently when I took on a new position I discovered that Ducky had been abandoned in a move and nobody was looking after her. I felt bad but since I wasn't working at my main office very much I didn't feel I could give her the care she needed so I ignored her. She was already in this state by then. Utterly unloved and hardly cared for. I can watch no longer and so I begin the Ducky rescue project once again. Here is how she was after I picked her abandoned self up today and moved her to my desk. I removed a few of the dead husks and leaves and the lone stem that remains fighting for life is what I have to work with now. We'll do our best. Quite frankly I'm not sure how much I'm going to be able to do for her in just a few short months but I hope that I'll be able to restore her back to her former glory because she deserves better than I gave her when I handed her over. Goodluck Ducky! We're rooting for you.


No comments:
Post a Comment